To make Tincture:
- Remove the stems. Grind remaining medical marijuana in a coffee or spice grinder until very fine.
- Pack the herb into a jar, but don’t fill it all the way. Leave space at the top for the alcohol to evaporate.
- Pour the highest proof alcohol you can find, such as vodka, over the ground herb and shake it well. The herb should be completely immersed in alcohol. Use masking tape to label and date the jar. Make sure the cap is on tightly.
- Keep it in a cool dark place out of direct sunlight and give it a good shake whenever you remember or at least once a day for two weeks.
- Strain and bottle in dark bottles. The tincture will keep indefinitely as alcohol is a great preserver. The tincture will be a reddish-green colour and stains easily.
- The tincture can be quite strong depending on the quality of the medical marijuana used, so start with a small dose. The alcohol is also strong. Half a dropper in some hot tea is one good method for ingestion.